Find out more about entering the 2017 Good Food Boost.
Entries open July 24th and close 3pm August 30th.
To enter you’ll need:
- A food product that’s just starting out and is local, seasonal, healthy, tasty, culturally connected or organic – and made by you.
- Clear goals and vision for the future of your business and the future of New Zealand food.
- Commitment to attend fortnightly mentoring sessions in September and October 2017, which will take place in Wellington.
- Your food business must be based in the Greater Wellington region, Marlborough, Tasman, Manawatu or Horowhenua.
Criteria on which you'll be judged:
The judges will be looking to support emerging food businesses that have the potential to shape the future of good food in New Zealand. Judging criteria include:
- Traceability and transparency.
- Impact on restoring our food system.
- Is it addressing a gap in the market?
- Presentation, taste and appearance.
- Brand story.
- Contribution to food accessibility/ production in the Greater Wellington Region.
What do we mean by ‘good food’?
- Is legal, safe, healthy and nutritious.
- Contributes to local economies.
- Reduces ‘waste’ and inefficiencies.
- Protects water, soil and biodiversity.
- Is transparent about where it comes from and how it is grown and cared for.
- Recognises and enhances cultural diets and food practices.
- Increases the market share for good food.
For further information contact:
- Laurie Foon, Wellington Regional Manager, Sustainable Business Network, email@example.com, 021 741 515
- Sarah Adams, Community & Neighbourhood Advisor, Wellington City Council, Sarah.Adams@wcc.govt.nz, 021 227 8361
To enter the Good Food Mentoring programme please click here.
(please note only four companies will be selected for the programme).