Good Food Boost.
Do you know any fledgling food businesses that want a boost?
The Sustainable Business Network and Wellington City Council are bringing the Good Food Boost to Wellington.
Four businesses will be chosen to be part of an eight-week programme to receive support and guidance from leading mentors to give their good food businesses a boost.
Entries open in late July and close at the end of August 2017.
The Good Food Boost has been run in Auckland by the Sustainable Business Network and Auckland Tourism Events & Economic Development (ATEED) for the last three years. This is the first year the competition is coming to Wellington.
What winners will receive:
- Four mentoring sessions from experts in food and business development during September and October 2017. This will give the winners tips and inspiration on how to develop a tasty product that looks good, sells well and endures the test of time.
- Strategy session with the FoodBowl or NZ Food Innovation Network's FOODPILOT project.
- One on one business development session with Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency.
Financial support and advice are not included.
The mentors will be announced shortly.
Winners last year said:
“The Good Food Boost programme helped us a lot as a new business. It forced us to face up to decisions early on and really think about our direction. The mentors were really easy to talk to and have ongoing relationships with.”
“It was with great delight I found out I was accepted into the Good Food Boost mentoring programme. However it exceeded any expectations I had about what the course would entail. I learned so much about my business, myself, my product.”
“The mentor programme allowed us to define what the key areas of our business are, focus on the areas where we needed guidance and move forward with achieving those goals. The insight from the mentors and the passion that they showed us was inspirational. The experience brought us to a new level in such a short time.”
Entries open in late July and close at the end of August. The winners will be announced in mid-September. So, get your business strategy ready and apply online for a chance to win a boost for your good food business!
The judges are:
- Sarah Meikle (Wellington Culinary Events Trust)
- Jo Madden (NZ Food Innovation Network)
- Sarah Adams (Wellington City Council Urban Agriculture)
For further information please contact:
- Sarah Adams, Community & Neighbourhood Advisor, Wellington City Council, Sarah.Adams@wcc.govt.nz, 021 227 8361
- Laurie Foon, Wellington Regional Manager, Sustainable Business Network, email@example.com, 021 741 515