Why Corporate Express is passionate about sustainability
Wanting the best for our employees, our customers, our investors, our communities and the environment, means taking a stand.
For many years, we've taken a stand on the environment. We've been committed to supply a range of environmentally-responsible products for our customers; we've continued to promote environmentally-responsible behaviour throughout our own organisation; and we've forged alliances with peak environmental organisations such as the Sustainable Business Network (SBN) to support their work.
Taking a stand for the environment has become part of the fabric of who we are. It defines us, and we're known for it. We're also known for building long-term relationships with suppliers, customers, employees and shareholders, based on trust, respect and integrity.
The age that we live in demands nothing less.
As leaders in the industry, we have a certain degree of influence. We can demand that most manufacturers lift their standards, so that the products we source meet strict guidelines on sustainability and humane labour practices.
We will support those companies that re-use or remanufacture existing products; we will support those organisations who recycle, and who use recycling as part of their process, and who employ sound environmental practices.
Our customers will know that by buying these products, they are genuinely doing something positive for the environment.
Achievements by Corporate Express from a sustainable point of view
Corporate Express is committed to working with our customers and suppliers to maintain and preserve the earth's natural resources.
• We offer a wide range of environmentally friendly products under our EarthSaver banner
• We have an Ethical Sourcing Policy which is a major step in creating a Sustainable Supply Chain
• We have an Environmental Policy endorsed and driven by our CEO
• Accreditations and alliances with peak environmental organisations:
- Our EXP Green A4 50% Recycled White Copy/Laser Paper awarded the
Environmental Choice Award
- Founding member of the Buy Recycled Buying Alliance (BRBA),
- Member of Green Fleet Australia,
- RepuTex ‘A-listed' socially-responsible company,
- Our EXP range of task seating has the EcoSpecifier accreditation,
- Member of NZ Packaging Accord
• We have an internal environmental committee, GreenXpress
• Our Auckland depot has a complete waste solution program
• We appointed a Corporate Social Responsible Manager in 2007
Future Corporate Express plans in sustainability
A major focus for Corporate Express over the next few years will be the continued improvement of our environmental product and service offerings to make it easy for our customers to make a difference. We are also looking to drive continuing improvements across our internal operations.
Some goals and continued commitment for the coming years include:
• Adopting GRI (Global Reporting Index) for our Corporate Social Responsibility Program
• Significantly increase our sales of environmentally preferable products and services
• Making it easier for customers to identify and locate environmentally preferable products through our sustainability website www.cenz-sustain.co.nz and catalogue features
• Continue to educate customers and associates of the importance of sustaining the environment through our sustainability website, product catalogues and alliances
• Continue to audit suppliers against our Ethical Sourcing Policy to ensure compliance
Why Corporate Express have got behind the SBN Awards
Taking a stand for the environment has become part of the fabric of who we are. It defines us, and we're known for it.
By supporting and working with organisations such as SBN which provides the support businesses need to take on the sustainability challenge, we continue our commitment to helping companies establish their own benchmarks for sustainability.
Corporate Express is proud to sponsor the SBN Awards and congratulate all companies on their commitment and achievements in sustainability.