We're focused on creating a more sustainable built environment. We supply building automation systems focused on sustainability, and help deliver and communicate exemplar projects seeking Net Zero Energy or Living Building Challenge certification.
Evident is a mission-led company that works to make the lessons from leading-edge building projects available to the world.
We do this through:
- Building automation. We supply systems focused on sustainability outcomes of comfort & health, energy and water efficiency, and controlled operating costs.
- Exemplar projects. We help deliver leading-edge building projects, and execute communication campaigns to share their stories with the world.
- Solar consultancy. We do not supply solar systems, but help clients understand the feasibility of solar for their home or business.
Key projects include:
- Zero Energy House. The Zero Energy House is a real-world, real-time case study in the middle of Auckland showcasing the future of housing. We executed a public education campaign for the ZEH that, even now it is completion, attracts 15,000 visitors a year to the project website and enquiries from all over the world. The ZEH also contains our prototype building automation system, which we use to test new approaches to control efficiency and data visualisations.
- Camp Glenorchy. Camp Glenorchy will be a world-class demonstration of sustainability, and will allow guests to experience living in low-impact, high-performing buildings. It contains a wide range of progressive strategies and technologies that will achieve high levels of performance with regard to energy, water, waste, health & comfort. We are providing site-wide building automation for multiple buildings and are executing a multi-year education campaigns onsite and online.
- Smart Precinct. The Smart Precinct was a project delivered for Waterfront Auckland (now Panuku Development Auckland). Beginning with the need to report on the performance of multiple buildings, Evident proposed the idea of a Smart Precinct to Waterfront Auckland that present data to the public collected from meters, sensors, and surveys in the heart of Auckland's waterfront. The first phase of the concept has recently been implemented as WQ Smart.
What or how does your business contribute to a more sustainable NZ?
100% of our work is focused on delivering a more sustainable built environment. We are mission-led and turn down work that does not align with this.
- Supply building automation systems that reduce energy and water use, optimise benefit of solar systems, and provide healthy spaces for people to live, work and play in.
- Execute communication campaigns focused on scaling uptake of more sustainable building design, construction and use.
- Help families and companies make informed decisions regarding solar - whether it's feasible for them and, if so, what type and size system they should use.
Certifications & sustainability programmes
The components of our building automation systems are RoHS-compliant (EU Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive).
As a company, we are in the final stages of BCorp certification and expect to announce this by the end of 2016.