Leading Change: The Human Experience – June 2017.
20 Beaumont Street
St Mary's Bay
Auckland, 1010 Auckland
Leading Change: The Human Experience is for anyone responsible for leading and influencing change in their organisation.
Who’s it for?
In the current ‘change as usual’ context, leaders need to have the awareness, capability and emotional and social intelligence to lead their teams not just through a single change event but often in constant change as multiple transformation agendas ripple into each other.
Leading Change: The Human Experience is for anyone responsible for leading and influencing change in their organisation. No matter your level of leadership experience, the same rules apply when it comes to a focus on the human experience of change and how to support, engage and inspire ourselves and others through change.
Why is it important?
When it comes to organisational change, failure continues to be more common than success. In a survey of over 3000 leaders McKinsey discovered the failure rate to be over 60% and Harvard Business Review conducted a study that indicated the number of transformation efforts that fail is over 70%.
Harvard suggest there is a clear pattern. Diligent leaders spend hours and deploy huge resource to plan perfect change management initiatives but they forget one crucial thing, their and their people’s humaness. Committing to a level of personal transformation is table stakes for organisational change to stick.
What is it?
Leading Change: The Human Experience is a two day workshop facilitated by Milena Velez (Blacksmith).
During the workshop you will develop your self, social and contextual awareness; understanding how you respond to change and how you can support and engage others to thrive through change.
This two-day workshop brings people from different organisations together as a community to share their experiences and insights and to explore how to prepare, support and encourage their teams to embrace real change.
Why is this programme different?
Blacksmith takes a ‘fully human’ approach to development of people and organisations. This means that in this workshop we will focus not just on the skills, tools and frameworks for leading change but also the ways in which our human nature can support or side-line our efforts.
This is a practical, dialogue based workshop that allows you to reflect on, connect with and share your own experience, learn from the experience of others, and contextualise new tools, skills and frameworks within your own organisational and personal reality.
The Essential Components:
Over our two days together in Leading Change: The Human Experience we will:
- Explore our individual and organisational mindsets about change and appreciate those of the people you lead;
- Gain a deeper understanding of the change curve, where you and others may get stuck, what the giveaway signs are and how to move yourself and your people through it more smoothly;
- Demonstrate the power of conversation as a tool for transformation;
- Practice with new tools for increasing your team’s engagement with change; and
- Become clear on the power of trust and it’s role in building a change ready organisation.
Taking part in the Leading Change: The Human Experience workshop can expect the following outcomes:
- A new awareness and wider perspective on change and what it takes to lead it;
- Real world learnings from other organisations to take back to your workplace;
- Leadership insights, practices and frameworks to implement immediately to improve your ability to lead the human experience of change in the ‘live fire’ of your day to day reality;
- Increased self and soclal awareness;
- Identifed opportunities to build trust and engagement with your teams in a change environment; and
- An action plan based on learning insights and a new professional network to support you in implementing it
Event Type: Workshop
Event Date: 21 Jun 2017
Event Time / Duration: 9am - 5.30pm
Price (Members): From NZ$1250 to NZ$1550
24 Aug 2017 - Auckland
Envision are proud to be partnering with Waste MINZ to deliver our next study tour and this time we're keeping it close to home - the beautiful isthmus of Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland!
29 Aug 2017 - Auckland
Business leadership in a changing climate
29 Aug 2017 - Auckland
Leading Collaboration: Foundation Mindsets & Muscles is for anyone responsible for leading and facilitating collaboration.
5 Sep 2017 - Auckland
RISE 2017 Auckland: You've asked for it...and we have obliged!! SBN's Rachel Brown is one of the speakers at this not to be missed event for women who are serious about business & success
8 Sep 2017 - Auckland
On Friday, 8th September 2017, Conferenz brings together a national level industry gathering of the entire EV ecosystem to assist the move to an EV future, from conversation to action.
9 Sep 2017 - Auckland
A chance for the consumer to experience, learn and embrace EVs in all their forms.
22 Sep 2017 - Auckland
Auckland’s social entrepreneurs are invited to come together with their world-leading counterparts to make new connections to support their future success and our shared prosperity.
10 Oct 2017 - Auckland
The 10th in the series, the Australia-New Zealand Climate Change and Business Conference is an essential forum for policy-makers, local government and business addressing climate change with a focus on domestic and international policy.