EVENTS – An Inconvenient Conference.
20 Jun 2017
In time for the release of An Inconvenient Sequel – Truth to Power this year’s SBN Conference will be a day long exploration of business leadership in a changing climate.
Top national and international thinkers will join sustainable business leaders from all sectors of New Zealand. They will come together on August 29 for An Inconvenient Conference at AUT University, Auckland.
The itinerary will include:
- Tim Flannery, internationally-acclaimed conservationist and former Australian of the Year. He will be speaking on “The vitality of water”.
- Lewis Perkins, President, the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, USA. He will speak via videolink on “new advancements in the circular economy”.
- Rod Oram, celebrated business journalist. He will examine “New Zealand’s economy on the global stage”.
- Paul Young, co-founder of Generation Zero. He will be speaking on “smarter transport for all”.
- Shruthi Vijayakumar, World Economic Forum Global Shaper and head of learning and development at Inspiring Stories. She will be talking about “Millennials – the generation to save the world.”
In line with the day’s theme SBN will host an exclusive showing of the new film for event ticket holders in the run up to the day. The full programme will be released shortly.
In 2009 SBN CEO Rachel Brown became one of only 15 New Zealanders selected to be trained by Al Gore to present An Inconvenient Truth.
“This is the defining issue of our time,” she says. “It’s been more than a decade since the release of the first film. We are now further into the climate change era. We are increasingly experiencing the damaging effects of climate change. But we are also seeing efforts to tackle this issue that are unprecedented in human history. It is affecting everything we do, especially in business. If you want to make the most of the changing reality around your work, this is the place to be.”
During the afternoon cross-sector workshops will focus on providing tools, practical advice and creative ideas to assist your business to thrive.
“The subject is inconvenient to say the least," says Rachel. "But this conference is the most convenient way to find out how best to deal with it. We look forward to seeing you there.”
Early bird tickets are available now.