Member opportunity – showcase your business in the EcoWest Festival 2014.
21 Jan 2014
Packed full of action, ideas and inspiration about all things environmentally and sustainably good, EcoWest Festival is back with an offer for SBN members.
The third annual EcoWest Festival will take place from March 15 to April 13 in locations across West Auckland. Coordinated by SBN members Enspiral and Ecomatters Environment Trust, the festival is a month-long series of events to promote environmental action and sustainable lifestyles.
The events come under four categories:
- Discover: luring festival-goers into the outdoors to experience the natural wonders in our backyard.
- Make: hands on workshops creating, renewing, building and up-cycling.
- Regenerate: giving people the opportunity to get their hands dirty participating in action that looks after the amazing landscapes we live in.
- Learn: informing people about their local environment and sharing skills in sustainability.
The organising team would like to offer SBN members the opportunity to showcase their businesses through the festival. There are different options for this including:
1. Hosting an event. The festival programme is made up of events hosted by any business, group or individual who wants to promote something environmentally or sustainability focussed. These events will be promoted through the Ecomatters website, printed programmes, posters and flyers, Facebook, Eventfinder, Our Auckland, Meet-up and Element Magazine.
2. Becoming a naming sponsor of an event. There will be at least 25 other events taking place, for which it will be possible for businesses to be the naming sponsor from as little as $400 (TBC). Sponsors of each event will have prominent brand presence in all promotional materials as well as on the day. They will also have the opportunity to have a story in Element Magazine online promoting their business and involvement in the festival.
3. Sponsoring Eco Day. Eco Day is the premier event of the festival which has traditionally been led by a sustainable trade expo. This year the focus is changing a bit to become much more interactive - showcasing the creative outputs of the festival (art, photography, upcycled things), running activities (planting, weaving, art), a pop-up 'food court' serviced by the Wash Against Waste trailer and sustainable marketplace. The event will be held at Ecomatters Environment Centre and Olympic Park and is expected to attract at least 2500 people. Sponsors of this event will have prominent brand presence in all promotional materials as well as on the day.
4. Having a stall at Eco Day. Rates start from $125 for a 3x3m space to sell or showcase your sustainable products and services.
If you are interested in taking up this great opportunity contact Chloe Waretini on 027 696 4968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.