Sustainability software wins at Environmental Leader Awards.
14 Apr 2014
PE International has won a prize in the Environmental Leader Project and Product Awards with its SoFi software.
PE International has won a Top Products of the Year Award from Environmental Leader, with its SoFi software. The software enables companies to quickly aggregate, validate and analyse sustainability information for fast, accurate sustainability reporting and improvement.
Environmental Leader is a leading US-based website and daily email newsletter reporting on business-related energy, environmental, and sustainability issues. The Environmental Leader Project and Product Awards recognise excellence in products and services that provide companies with energy and environmental benefits.
“The calibre of the entries was impressive, and truly showed the innovation taking place in the industry today. The SoFi software from PE International was a standout among the submissions for the many environmental benefits it helps companies achieve,” says Paul Nastu, publisher of the Environmental Leader.
SoFi’s capabilities include:
- A holistic approach incorporating value chain assessment and Life Cycle Assessment results.
- Energy management features like energy modelling.
- A four-step approach to improve sustainability performance: identify low performers, create business cases for improvement measures, monitor implementation projects, and validate results.
- Integration with a utility data provider, which minimises data collection efforts.
- Disclosure Management, which accelerates and streamlines reporting.
- Environmental Health and Safety features including compliance management, incident reporting, employee engagement, programmes and auditing.
The software provides organisations with insight into all of their social and environmental key performance indicators, making it easier to manage issues across the entire value chain. In New Zealand more than 60 companies are using SoFi software, including Fletcher Building, Meridian Energy and Villa Maria.