Thinking of buying an EV?.
Here are 8 compelling reasons why you should.
1. Fuel cost is equivalent to about 30 cents per litre (or an average fuel saving of $1800 per year).
2. 90% of daily travel is less than 90km (meaning a single night-time home charge is enough).
3. Climate-damaging carbon emissions are typically reduced by 80%.
4. Clean air - no more tail-pipe pollution.
5. There is an increasing range of EV options available, both new and second-hand.
6. Costs of second-hand entry level EVs are coming down.
7. EVs are exempt from road-user charges until 2021.
8. More and more fast-charging stations are being installed road-side and at commercial sites.
Want to find out more about options to buy? Contact one of our members specialising in the area…
- Blue Cars – to test drive an EV and ‘feel’ the experience
- Renault – for information on its new all-EV models, the Zoe and Kangoo
- Leaseplan and YooGo – for EV-specific leasing advice and services
- Air New Zealand, NZ Post and Westpac – to find out how they went about electrifying their fleet
charge.net.nz - for the installation of fast chargers
If you're a member and involved in providing EV-related products or services, and would like to be listed, please let us know
Want to find out more…
- About EVs in general? Check out this site from energy experts, EECA - https://www.energywise.govt.nz/on-the-road/electric-vehicles/
- About potential fuel savings ($$)? Use this calculator from Ecotricity (SBN member) - https://ecotricity.co.nz/calculator/
- About total cost of ownership? Another excellent EECA tool, developed by Optifleet (SBN member) - https://www.eecabusiness.govt.nz/tools/vehicle-total-cost-of-ownership-tool/
- About where the charging station are? Take a look at the charging map, featuring many of the charging stations installed by charge.net.nz, Z, Gull and Vector (SBN members) - http://www.plugshare.com/