What we do
By applying circular economics to vermicomposting, Why Waste offers a working solution to organic/food waste.
This dynamic solution avoids taking waste to an 'away place'. We install an appropriate number of worm farms according to your waste stream. Our worm farms currently cater for small offices, large organisations, schools and residential addresses.
Price starts at $40 per worm farm, discounts apply for multiple worm farms.
How we can help you to go circular
Our service helps your business go circular by keeping your biodegradable waste in the biosphere. Returning waste (resources) to the earth is paramount. Organic and biodegradable waste decomposing in landfill creates methane which is more than 25 times as potent as carbon dioxide at trapping heat in the atmosphere.
Short term outcomes:
- Higher degree of waste separation at work / home
- Less waste collected and taken ‘away’ to landfill
- Relief for local waste infrastructure
- Transforming waste into soil
- Sharing knowledge with friends and family
- Connections for partnership outcomes / opportunities
Medium term outcomes:
- Broader cultural awareness of waste issues / solutions
- Less methane released into the atmosphere
- Less leachate in soils and water table
- Less trucks on the road
- More meaningful employment for ‘unskilled’ people
- More people growing own food
Long term outcomes:
- More connected communities
- More connection to the natural world
- Less greenhouse gases in atmosphere
- More biophilic landscapes
- More local autonomy - Less government / council reliance