What we do
New Zealand Food Network was established in May 2020 with funding from the Ministry of Social Development to address the growing demand for food support in Aotearoa New Zealand and to help food producers do the right thing with their surplus food. Our centralised DCs in Auckland, Christchurch and Hastings safely and efficiently receive, store and mix a wide variety of bulk food donations which our team then distributes, free of charge, to our 58+ recipient food hubs working on the frontline.
How we can help you to go circular
Every food business has food waste or surplus at some point during the process of bringing a product to market, whether it be raw ingredients, mistakes or surplus production. At some point there is food that cannot be used or sold at retail. This means every year tonnes of good food is wasted, yet demand for food support in our vulnerable communities is at an all-time high. We can help you do the right thing with your surplus food by:
- Introducing efficiency and a single point of contact for the donation of surplus food.
- Having capacity to take extremely large volumes in one delivery, meaning a quick and efficient turnaround.
- Continuing donations to all charitable organisations you have existing relationships with.
- Helping you make a genuine social impact right across Aotearoa New Zealand through regular reporting.
- Making a significant contribution to waste minimisation targets.