Organisation Category: Manufacturing
ecostore is committed to sustainability; our plant-based Personal Care, Skin Care, Oral Care, Baby and Household Cleaning products are safer for people and the planet, are cruelty free and suitable for septic tank and grey water use, with no nasty chemicals.
ecostore is proudly New Zealand made. Since 1993, we’ve been creating products which are safer for you, your family and our world – without compromising on performance or value.
- More InfoSustainability Highlights:
- Clean Water
- Clean Energy-Energy Efficiency
- Good Food
- Smart Procurement-Supply Chains
- Smart Transport
- Towards Zero Waste
When consumers purchase an ecostore product, they receive a considered package with no effort or cost spared to deliver the healthiest, safest and most sustainable product possible.
All of our ingredients are assessed for sustainability, biodegradability and are safer for people’s health and the environment. They are also suitable for septic tank and grey water use.
We follow the precautionary principle; if there is any doubt about the safety of an ingredient for people’s health or the planet, we find an alternative.
We believe that less is more. ecostore products are made using the least number of ingredients at the lowest concentrations for best results. Being economically concentrated means a little goes a long way, saving you money overall.
We are committed to reducing waste wherever possible and sourcing the most sustainable packaging. Our laundry boxes are made from 95% recycled material and our bottles are now being made using sugar plastic. We chose sugar plastic for a number of reasons, but the best one is that it comes from a sustainable, renewable source - and that it actually removes carbon from our atmosphere. Just like trees, as sugarcane grows it takes carbon out of the atmosphere. Sugarcane husks even generate bio-electricity in the factory that makes the sugar plastic, making the production process even more sustainable.
All of our packaging is recyclable and we encourage the reduction in waste by offering bulk sizes and refills.
Great reasons for using ecostore:
• Safer ingredients
• Full list of ingredients
• Guaranteed results
• Economically concentrated
• Recyclable packaging
• Not tested on animals
• GE FreeAwards and Certifications:
- NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards Winner
- NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards Commendation
- AsureQuality Organics
- B Corp
- BioGro Organic New Zealand
- Demeter (NZ Biodynamic Association)
- Energy Rating Label (4 stars or above)
- Environmental Choice NZ
- Fair Trade Certified
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Green Star Building (4 stars or above)
- Living Wage
- Marine Stewardship Council
- Sustainable Winegrowing NZ
- Vehicle fuel economy labels (4 stars or above)
- Water Efficiency Labelling (4 stars or above)
Listing last updated 22/08/2017