Organisation Category: Manufacturing
Emma Lewisham was founded with a single purpose: to make a meaningful difference in the beauty industry.
For us, achieving a meaningful difference means setting a new standard in skincare. Proving that luxurious, high performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a compromise to people’s health or the planet’s.
What this means is putting people and the planet at the heart of all our decisions. Being transparent, honest and open – even when there are areas we need to improve on. Ethical, and sustainable sourcing of raw material. Providing transparency on all our ingredients and suppliers. And that anything we produce can be refilled, reused, recycled or composted. We take full ownership for what we bring into the world.
We go the extra mile to ensure our ingredients are organic where possible, traceable, sourced responsibly, and our products are kept in circulation. We utilise recycled material such as 100% recycled and compostable shipping boxes and product packaging, and 100% recycled plastic in our tubes. We also offer refills and end-of-life recycling with our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle, which diverts beauty packaging destined for landfill, and gives it another life. It’s about rethinking the entire process of a beauty product’s lifespan and moving away from the linear take-make-dispose model of consumption to a circular beauty model.
We’ve worked hard to provide luxurious and high performing skincare, via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, suppliers, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
“I want our legacy as a brand to be about the positive impact we had on people and the planet.”
– Emma Lewisham.
- Clean Water
- Clean Energy-Energy Efficiency
- Good Food
- Smart Procurement-Supply Chains
- Smart Transport
- Towards Zero Waste
- Industry First New Zealand Free Beauty Packaging Recycling & Refill Programme (Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle)
- Box packaging made from 100% recycled paper and is 100% compostable
- 80% of products can be refilled, with 100% refillable by mid-2021
- 100% clean ingredients, we ban over 1,4000 ingredients identified by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) as hazardous or potentially harmful for human health
- All Emma Lewisham products, particularly sunscreens, are ocean-friendly and reef safe
- 100% of ingredients are not tested on animals, nor are individual ingredients tested on animals
Listing last updated 11/08/2020