Stansborough creates inspirational, sustainable, designer woollen textiles. 100% New Zealand pure, natural and chemical free. Luxurious blankets, throws, accessories, VIP/ Corporate Gifting, traditionally woven by craftsmen, on historic 1890’s looms.
- NZ’s First Environmental Choice EC47 Accreditation
Stansborough is a two part operation. The farm in the Wairarapa, where the rare Stansborough Grey Sheep have been saved, nurtured and developed over the last 25 years by the owners to now become the only ones of their kind in the world. The restorative textile mill in Petone, is where the fleece is made into a range of sophisticated textile product lines.
Stansborough is proud to be 100% pure New Zealand and inspired by using historic traditional methods to create modern heirloom pieces to last and enjoy for a lifetime, especially in this age of throw away consumables.
Sustainability Highlights: Design-Innovation-DisruptionSustainability Actions:
- Saving a rare breed of sheep from extinction
- Organic Honey
- Minimal use of chemicals and fertilizers
- Clean waterways, soil conservation and wetlands preservation
- A restorative business
- Historic machinery, keeping a tradition alive and training for the next generation
- 100% New Zealand
- Biodegradable, chemical free over dyes used for yarns (no bleaching)
- Traditional, historic processing methods
- Hand finished textiles
We are passionate about improving our contribution to a sustainable future.Awards and Certifications: Environmental Choice NZ
Listing last updated 22/08/2017