On World EV Day, Drive Electric and ABB are collaborating on a panel discussion with insights from several New Zealand businesses at the forefront of the EV movement.
2022 has been a landmark year for electric transport in NZ; this year we have already seen:
- The launch of the full Clean Car Programme.
- The release of the Emissions Reduction Plan and supporting policies that facilitate more sustainable transport.
- Several Kiwi businesses take the lead in smart charging, car sharing, marine mobility and electric motorbikes.
- Commitment from several major corporations to electrify their fleets.
- The number of EVs on our roads increase to almost 50,000!
- While we have seen fantastic progress, there is still plenty of work to do. Kirsten Corson (of Zilch and Drive Electric) will lead a panel of industry experts from ABB, Z Energy, Singer Electric and Audi to discuss the many issues surrounding the future of e-mobility in New Zealand.
MC: KIRSTEN CORSON
Director – Zilch | Board Member – Drive Electric
Kirsten is Co-Founder and Director of Zilch, Carbon Asset Management and Sustainable Fleet Finance. Kirsten is focused on supporting businesses to accelerate the transition to electric mobility without increasing costs, and delivering smart technology.
Vice President for Smart Power & Smart Buildings – Electrification Business – ABB New Zealand
With over 20 years’ experience in the electrical industry working in senior positions within leading global electrical manufacturers, Duncan brings a wealth of knowledge to the leadership team at ABB.
Head of E-mobility – Z Energy
Kieran leads the Z Energy’s EV Charging Infrastructure business and is a member of the Low Carbon leadership group at Z. Prior to joining Z Energy Kieran has held various leadership roles with BNZ, NZTA and Air NZ.
Managing Director – Singer Electric
Jeff has led the strategic development and national expansion of Singer Electric since 1999. He is passionate about creating and maintaining connected buildings and transport systems that are sustainable, energy responsive, reliable and safe.
Dealer Development and Training Manager – Audi New Zealand
Duane has been instrumental in establishing EV infrastructure and training staff across the Audi dealership network. Duane brings over 40 years of auto industry insights, across both retail and distribution, to the panel.
If you are unable to attend the live stream, you will be able to access a recording of the panel discussion in the days following.
We look forward to seeing you online!