This award, sponsored by The Spinoff, celebrates a young person who is driving sustainability change within their organisation or the wider community.
Young people can make a big difference to sustainability within the organisations they work at, and in the wider community. We’re looking for a millennial who is passionate about making change and inspiring others within their organisation: an intrapreneur who promotes innovation within their company.
This award will be presented to a young person (aged 27 or under) who has gone above and beyond to drive sustainability change, either within their organisation or in the wider community.
Finalists for the Millennial on a Mission Award are:
- Jack Brown – Sales & Product Manager, Super Trash (We Compost)
- Rosetta Brown – Head of Sustainability, Rangi Ruru Girls’ School
- Grace Glass – Co-founder, Natural Paint Co
- Maggie Hewitt – Founder/Designer, Maggie Marilyn
- Oliver Hunt – Founder, Medsalv
- Fraser McConnell – Co-Founder, Squawk Squad
- Lucas Smith – Founder & CEO, Woolaid
- Sophia White – Carbon & Sustainability Advisor, Enviro-Mark Solutions
We asked The Spinoff what inspired them to sponsor the NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards:
“We chose to support the ‘Millennial on a Mission’ category because a majority of our staff and audience are millennials, and we see every day the energy, creativity and sense of purpose this generation brings to solving some of the biggest problems around. The Spinoff is itself a young business – just five years old – and dedicated to providing an independent, values-driven media which helps organisations working hard on sustainability to tell their stories with sophistication and passion. We wish all the finalists good luck in the awards and beyond – it’s people like them who are providing the kind of leadership this world desperately needs right now.”