This award, sponsored by Toitū Envirocare, celebrates a person who inspires and leads others to make a difference.
Individuals can make a big difference to sustainability within organisations – whether they’re at the highest level or on ‘the shop floor’. We’re looking for a sustainability champion who has brought about change and inspired others.
This award will be presented to a person who has gone above and beyond to bring about sustainability change, either within their organisation or in the wider community.
The finalists for the Sustainability Superstar Award are:
- Victoria Carter – Founder, Cityhop
- Andrew Fisher – Managing Director, EcoStock Supplies
- Jacqui Forbes – Kaihautū Matua, Para Kore Marae Incorporated
- Dr David Ivory – Director of Social Enterprise, St John’s College, Hastings
- Roseline Klein – Head of Water Value, Watercare
- Janice Lee – Founder, Koha Kai
- Mike Sammons – Programme Sustainability Manager, Foodstuffs NZ
- Janette Searle – Managing Trustee, Take My Hands
- Marty Taylor – Founder & Chief Sustainability Officer, Papa Taiao Earthcare
- Joe Youseff – National Director, All Heart NZ Charitable Trust
We asked Toitū Envirocare what inspired them to sponsor the NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards:
“We chose to sponsor the Sustainability Superstar Award because we firmly believe that individuals can make a measurable impact, leading sustainable change within their organisations and in their day-to-day life.
At Toitū Envirocare we believe that everyone has a role to play inspiring action for a better environment and building a low carbon economy.
We celebrate all our finalists, who have found meaningful and creative solutions to reduce their environmental footprint and tackle tough social challenges. They are true leaders, and their example in turn will inspire others to make positive change”.