Generating Creative Responses For A Climate-Resilient Future
An open space ‘unconference’ to share ideas and create new actions. You are invited!
We are uniting local communities, artists, entrepreneurs, students, developers, scientists, engineers, start-ups, to come together and cooperatively explore practical, doable solutions for a climate-resilient future.
We believe that by coming together, engaging in conversations, and sharing ideas we can inspire each other, discover new possibilities, and initiate new actions to make deeper positive climate impacts now.
- You might want to learn about the work that other people and organisations are doing in this space, as input and inspiration for your own next steps, or to find somewhere to apply your skills and enthusiasm
- You might be looking for the inspiration and motivation from being around people passionate and determined to make a difference
- You might have an idea for a new project or venture and want to run it by others to test and develop it
The event will use the Open Space Technology format. If you don’t know what that is, don’t worry, the facilitation team for the day (Mark Russell and Jakub Jurkiewicz – both professional facilitators) will take care of it. You just need to come with an open mind and an open heart.
Principles of the event:
- This is a non-profit event (cost neutral) and every ticket sale pays insurance, food (vegetarian/vegan options available), drinks, and stationary for the attendees on the day. Offsetting our carbon footprint for the day (approx. $1 per person) via Carbon.Click is included in the ticket price 👣.
- A space for everyone to collaborate and learn from each other – everyone will be treated the same and will have the same chance to participate.
- A limit of 40 people – having an attendance constraint enables a small, intimate event where attendees can connect and forge long term associations.
- These events runs on two fundamentals, passion and responsibility. Without passion, nobody is interested. Without responsibility, nothing will get done. So bring both with you, share them around, and help contribute to some outstanding results from our day together.
- No avoidable waste – if you have to bring plastic or packaging, take it away again at the end of the day
- Date and time
- Saturday 7 Mar 2020
- Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Venue and Location
- Ellen Melville Centre
2 Freyberg Place, Auckland Central
- Event Links