The Natural Step and Future Fit Business Benchmark
Applied training on takign an integrated systems approach to sustainability strategy and planning.
Learn how to develop effective Sustainability / ESG / CSR frameworks and strategic planning to help organisations navigate the continuing system shifts towards a sustainable economy.
The applied 2-day course will cover:
- The full range of work-steps in developing a sustainability strategy
- The Natural Step’s globally recognised Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development used by brand leaders such as Nike, Interface and IKEA
- The ground-breaking Future-Fit Business benchmark and the transition to a future-fit society
The course is targeted at up-and-coming sustainability leaders to build their knowledge, capability and confidence; but will be equally valuable for executives, managers and consultants interested in pursuing an integrated approach to sustainability.
The course will be led by Simon Harvey and Stefan Rüegg of Proxima. Proxima is an accredited partner of Future-Fit Foundation and Simon is an accredited Senior Advisor with The Natural Step.
Guest expert presentations will provide practical insights from the field:
- Tom Bregman, Future-Fit Foundation (from London by video)
- Saskia Verraes, Tourism Holdings Ltd (by video)
- Dave Watson, Sustainable Business Network
50% of the course will be spent actually applying The Natural Step framework and Future-Fit Business Benchmark tools to increase learning and build confidence.
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- Understand the importance of an integrated systems-approach to sustainability and the ability to apply integrated thinking to business strategy
- Understand the core elements of The Natural Step framework and be able to explain to decision-makers the benefits of using a science-based, strategic approach for developing sustainability strategy
- Understand The Natural Step framework’s system conditions and be confident in using them to inform a science-based sustainability impact assessment
- Have the knowledge and capability to develop a strategic sustainability framework using a backcasting strategic planning methodology
- Have a working knowledge of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark as a valuable resource to inform strategic sustainability and relevant success indicators
The course will be held in central Auckland at the Deloitte offices on Queen Street on 28th and 29th August 2019
The registration investment includes all training materials, morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas
- $1,990 full price
- $1,490 SBN and SBC members
- $1,250 Now Crowd members
- $990 full time tertiary students (student ID required)
- Event Type
- Start Date: Wed 28 Aug 2019
- End Date: Thu 29 Aug 2019
- Venue and Location
- Deloitte offices
Queen Street, Auckland
- Contact Details
- Members: $1,490.00
- Non Members: $1,990.00
- Event Links