Housing Matters: 2019 Industry Tour of Christchurch Superhomes
See inside five new Canterbury homes that showcase sustainable, innovative and affordable design
This full day bus tour is a unique opportunity to learn from the expert designers and builders about some of the most innovative high-performance, highest Homestar-rated homes being built in Canterbury.
The homes are part of the Superhome Movement, a not-for-profit industry-led group focused on creating transformative change in the New Zealand building industry.
Join other architects, designers, planners, builders, developers, and other building professionals on this inspirational bus tour. The tour includes lunch, and drinks and networking at the end of the day.
8.25am – Leaving from The Tannery, 3 Garland Road, Woolston, Christchurch
12.15pm – Lunch included at The Tannery
4.30pm – Returning to The Tannery at 4.45pm, optional drinks and networking if you’re keen
- 1 Challis Place, Mount Pleasant – certified Passive House with prefab timber framed panels
- 7 Riffleman Lane, Redcliffs – EcoPanel wall system and high performance airtight membranes
- 347 Centaurus Road, Hillsborough – airtight with no thermal bridging, solar, greywater and rainwater systems
- 23a/23b Parlane Street, Addington – warm, energy efficient townhouses, heat recovery system, heat pump for both water and space heating
- 11 Parlane Street, Addington – medium density apartments, above building code, Passive House features
BOOK NOW! This special industry tour is limited to one bus load of 50 people.
Housing Matters: Learn, Share, Connect, Collaborate, Innovate
Housing Matters is a series of workshops and site visits in Canterbury which aims to bring investors, designers, developers, builders, researchers, regulators and planners together to share information, explore case studies, develop opportunities for collaboration, and focus on solutions for quality housing development in Canterbury.
- Date and time
- Friday 6 Dec 2019
- Time: 8.30am-4.45pm
- Venue and Location
- The Tannery
3 Garlands Road
- Members: $75.00
- Non Members: $75.00
- Event Links