SBN is here to help you navigate your business to success through the key sustainability issues of our time.
The Leadership in Sustainability Course is designed and presented by our team of sustainable business experts. It includes guest presenters from business and academia. It’s built on 15+ years’ experience enabling sustainable business in Aotearoa.
Together we will identify the key sustainability issues of our time and how they relate to NZ business. Grow the skills and confidence to effectively influence individuals and businesses to achieve change in a sustainability context. Learn how to use sustainability tools to build, or build on, a strategy for your business to achieve success so people and nature prosper.
Spaces are limited, so act now to secure your spot.
Course dates for six face-to-face intensives, backed with a host of ongoing support and resources.
- 16-17 September (Waiheke Island)
- 14-15 October (GridAKL, Auckland CBD)
- 11-12 November (GridAKL, Auckland CBD)
You will learn to:
- Understand the common values that can influence our work and relationships – and that allows you to bring your purpose into your work!
- Gain an appreciation of te ao Māori concepts in relation to business.
- Identify sustainability issues and actions relevant to your business.
- Understand which are the right sustainability tools, certifications and systems to use
- Influence, collaborate and create real, lasting change from latest in neuroscience
- Create a sustainability project or plan with the supporting skills and tools to allow you to hit the ground running the Monday after the course finishes!
- Connect with a new and supportive community of practice who will support you outside of your workplace.
- Members: $2,500 (plus GST)
- Non-members: $5,500 (plus GST)
- Plus Eventbrite booking fee.
Further questions? Email [email protected]
Register for the course now!
How it works:
Session One: THE WHY.
Let’s begin by reconnecting with each other, our self and the natural world. We will start by understanding the global and local sustainability issues we are facing today and the key drivers. Led by Rachel Brown ONZM and Andy Kenworthy of the Sustainable Business Network.
4-5 March (Waiheke)
Session Two: THE HOW.
Learn some practical skills for leadership, collaboration and communication. This is an opportunity for you to build a strong business case for sustainability. Led by David Savage, Leadership and Collaboration Specialist and Rachel Brown ONZM of the Sustainable Business Network.
1-2 April (GridAKL)
Session Three: THE WHAT.
On the final couple of days, we will come up with an action plan that integrates sustainability across your organisation’s value chain to ensure sustainability is integrated throughout. We will also hear from inspiring leaders in sustainable business across NZ who will share their stories and provide us with valuable case studies. Led by Rachel Brown ONZM and the Advisory Team from the Sustainable Business Network.
6-7 May (GridAKL)
- Date and time
- Start Date: Wed 16 Sep 2020
- End Date: Thu 12 Nov 2020
- Time: 9am - 5pm
- Venue and Location
- Auckland Central and Waiheke Island
- Event Links