The Sustainable Business Network, Auckland Council, and CivilShare invite the Auckland construction industry to an event to tackle the key issues we face around construction and demolition waste. Hear about solutions that will save your project money, and workshop scenarios applicable to your business.
Construction and demolition waste represents around half of what’s going into New Zealand’s landfills, and the recent building boom and population pressure will do nothing to stem this flow. The need for the construction industry to have a sustainability focus is growing, not only because landfill levies and regulations are going to rise significantly, but also because we have a social responsibility to address it.
Sustainability isn’t only about minimizing waste to landfill, it is also about optimizing resources, equipment and staff. This workshop will give companies and individuals practical information and advice, which will help you understand how to be more sustainable and more profitable.
- Understand why sustainability is so important in the construction industry
- Hear insights into what New Zealand’s goals are, what the cost is going to be, and what we can do
- Hear from industry leaders about what has worked for them and obstacles they have come up against
- Meet others in the industry, and those that can help your business through the process
- Receive guidance about support for sustainable initiatives
- Receive drinks and nibbles to finish up the day, along with a takeaway information booklet and certificate of attendance for professional development.
- Nick Braxton – City Rail Link
- Andrew Eagles – NZGBC
- Regan Burke – CivilShare
- Mark Roberts – Auckland Council
- Sustainable Business Network
- representatives from Downer, Trow Group, and Greenway
The event will take place in the Pioneer Womens Hall – presentations will run 2.00 – 5.00pm, with networking drinks to follow 5.00 – 6.00pm.
Who should attend:
- Businesses: large, medium and small -established, growing or just starting out.
- Personel: Directors, Managers, industry leaders, contractors, anyone that wants insight into sustainability within the construction industry.
Standard rate $200
Members of CCNZ, SBN, WasteMINZ $100
This workshop is being run at cost and any additional funds will be donated to an Auckland based Million Metres Streams project, to help restore NZ waterways.
The venue is a short walk from Britomart Transport Centre if you’re on the bus or train.
The nearest carparking can be found at the Victoria St Carpark.
Limited space available so get in quick!
View programme here
- Date and time
- Tuesday 16 Apr 2019
- Time: 2 - 6pm
- Venue and Location
- Ellen Melville Centre
2 Freyberg Place
- Event Links