Ākina Foundation’s Launchpad programme has taken 11 social enterprises through a six month mentoring programme. Now you can vote in Contact Energy’s People’s Choice Award to decide which organisation takes home $20,000 to further its work.
The Launchpad programme has given the 11 social enterprises business mentoring, support and coaching to help turn them into investment-ready organisations that will have a big impact on a social or environmental problem.
You can help choose which social enterprise will win a $20,000 prize from Contact to further its endeavours. Element magazine has created editorial stories and videos hosted by Te Radar interviewing each enterprise.
Click here to view a video about the People’s Choice Award and to cast your vote.
Voting closes on 20th March so be quick!
The social enterprises taking part in the Launchpad programme are:
- Arco: creating employment in Kaikohe through the production of beautiful wooden furniture.
- CareEd4: a new childcare service that better meets the needs of working parents.
- Food, Farms and Freshwater: a certification for red meat that recognises waterway management.
- Mr Four Eyes: a buy-one, give-one scheme for prescription eyewear.
- Ora: technology that tests employee impairment and work-readiness before accidents happen.
- Patu Aotearoa: a national franchise for a group exercise programme designed for Māori and Pasifika.
- Rate My Flat: online service for renters to share information about the quality of their housing.
- Take My Hands: ships unwanted (and normally landfilled) prosthetic limbs to developing countries.
- The Wellbeing Game: a social media game helping Kiwis share how they stay happy and healthy.
- Thought-Wired: thought-operated technology for people with profound physical disabilities.
- Wilding & Co: harvests young pest wilding pines, to make essential oils.
Ākina Foundation’s Launchpad programme, co-financed by Contact Energy and the Department of Internal Affairs, has been running from October 2014 to March 2015. It provides participants with six months of intensive business mentoring and development support.