Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards!
The NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards, which have been running for 17 years, recognise and celebrate success in sustainability.
They are free to enter and open to anyone in New Zealand. They’re a great way to celebrate your sustainability progress.
The winners were announced at a black tie Awards ceremony
on 28 November on Auckland’s waterfront.
Check out our handy Guide to Entering the NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards.
There are 11 Award categories to enter. Entry is open to anyone, including individuals, organisations and collaborations/partnerships — large or small.
- Sustainability Superstar Award
- This award, sponsored by Toitū Envirocare, celebrates a person who inspires and leads others to make a difference.
- Communicating for Change Award
- This award, sponsored by Cadence Communications, will recognise an organisation communicating sustainability effectively to inspire change.
- Hardwired for Social Good Award
- This award, sponsored by Alsco, will be presented to an organisation that is consistently improving people’s lives through its day to day business practices.
- Partnering for Good Award
- This award, sponsored by Ministry for Primary Industries, will be presented to organisations that have formed partnerships to generate positive impacts on people’s lives – on health, nutrition, housing, employment, community and more.
- Going Circular Award
- This award, sponsored by Auckland Council, will be presented to an organisation that is making demonstrable progress towards going circular.
- Efficiency Champion Award
- This award, sponsored by Ricoh, will be presented to an organisation making significant resource saving improvements to its operations.
- Smarter Transport Award
- This award, sponsored by New Zealand Transport Agency, will be presented to an organisation that is moving New Zealand’s transport or tourism to renewables, using clever design, new technology or behaviour change.
- Revolutionising Energy Award
- This award, sponsored by EECA, will be presented to an organisation that is transforming its own energy system or enabling a systemic shift to renewable energy.
- Transforming Food Award
- This award, sponsored by Yealands Wines, will be presented to an organisation that is transforming the food system to create a positive impact on people or the environment.
- Restoring Nature Award
- This award, sponsored by the Department of Conservation, will be presented to a business taking a leadership role in restoring New Zealand’s nature.
- Millennial on a Mission
- This award, sponsored by The Spinoff, celebrates a young person who is driving sustainability change within their organisation or the wider community.
- NZI Transforming New Zealand Award
- This is our Supreme Award, presented to an organisation that is performing outstandingly well in all aspects of sustainability.
The judges for the 2019 NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards are leaders in sustainability and business communities. Read more about them here.
Awards Winners 2019
Congratulations to all the winners, commendations and finalists of the 2019 NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards.
- NZI Transforming New Zealand (Supreme Award)
Winner Auckland Council, TROW Group and Green Way Finalists Tauranga City Council Te Whangai Trust
- Sustainability Superstar
- Communicating for Change
Sponsored by Cadence Communications Winner Tauranga City Council Commendation BLAKE & New Zealand Geographic Commendation Ethique Finalists Chia Sisters RefillNZ The Rubbish Trip Tread Lightly Charitable Trust Splore Festival Tourism Industry Aotearoa
- Efficiency Champion
Sponsored by Ricoh Winner Sudima Hotels Commendation Iplex Pipelines NZ Commendation National Steel Finalists Foodstuffs New Zealand Soar Print
- Going Circular
Sponsored by Auckland Council Winner Medsalv Commendation Stone Arrow Jewellery Commendation The Formary Finalists AgriSea NZ EcoStock Supplies For The Better Good IdealCup Junk Run
Little & Brave Eco Nappies
- Smarter Transport
Sponsored by NZ Transport Agency Winner Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Commendation Blue Cars Finalists ORIX New Zealand Meridian Energy Mevo Tourism Holdings Yoogo Share
- Revolutionising Energy
Sponsored by EECA Business Winner AUT University Commendation Auckland District Health Board Commendation Camp Glenorchy Finalists Ata Touch Brightwater site, Fonterra TransNet & Reid Technology
- Transforming Food
Sponsored by Yealands Family Wines Winner Chia Sisters Commendation Breadcraft (Wai) Finalists AUT University Berkano Foods Bread & Butter Bakery & Café EcoStock Supplies Lux Organics IncaFé Organic Coffee Wholly Cow Wise Boys
- Restoring Nature
Sponsored by Department of Conservation Winner Te Whangai Trust Commendation AgriSea NZ Commendation Rotorua Canopy Tours Finalists Agricom Ecolibrium Biologicals
Duffle and Co
Dung Beetle Innovations HealthPost Limited Sup Bro Paddle Boarding NZ
- Hardwired for Social Good
Sponsored by Alsco Winner Little Yellow Bird Commendation ecostore Finalists All Heart NZ Charitable Trust Koha Kai Natural Paint Co Thankyou Payroll
- Partnering for Good
Sponsored by Ministry for Primary Industries Winner Auckland Council, TROW Group and Green Way Commendation BNZ and The Salvation Army Finalists AccorHotels All Heart NZ Charitable Trust Business Working to End Family Violence (ANZ, Countdown, Ernst & Young, Fonterra, NZ Human Rights Commission, Ricoh, Vodafone, The Warehouse) Dung Beetle Innovations Tauranga City Council TerraCycle Tomorrow Inc
- Millennial on a Mission
Thank you to our amazing partners who have made the 2019 NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards possible.