The Sustainable Business Awards, which have been running for 18 years, recognise and celebrate success in sustainability.
They are free to enter and open to anyone in New Zealand. They’re a great way to celebrate your sustainability progress.
Winners of all categories were announced at a ceremony on 19 November. In response to the pandemic, the ceremony was broadcast online with regional events around the country. Watch a recording of the Awards show and videos of the winners having carpool fun with Te Radar.
Browse through photos of the Awards night and photos of the winners!
Check out our handy Guide to Entering the
Sustainable Business Awards.
To find out more about previous winners check out our past awards.
There are 12 Award categories to enter. Entry is open to anyone, including individuals, organisations and collaborations/partnerships — large or small.
- Sustainability Superstar Award
- This award, sponsored by NZI, celebrates a person who inspires and leads others to make a difference.
- Communicating for Impact Award
- This award, sponsored by Kind&Co, will recognise an organisation communicating sustainability effectively to make a tangible impact.
- Social Impactor Award
- This award, sponsored by MAS, will be presented to an organisation that is consistently improving people’s lives through its day to day business practices.
- Going Circular Award
- This award, sponsored by Auckland Council, will be presented to an organisation that is making demonstrable progress towards going circular.
- Climate Action Leader Award
- This award, sponsored by EECA, will be presented to an organisation actively leading and delivering impact and scale with climate action.
- Climate Action Innovator Award
- This award, sponsored by Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, will be presented to an organisation demonstrating innovation in climate action.
- Outstanding Collaboration Award
- This award, sponsored by Toitū Envirocare, will be presented to organisations that have collaborated for good with outstanding results.
- Tech for Good Award
- This award will be presented to a technological initiative designed for social or environmental change.
- Good Food Award
- This award, sponsored by New World, will be presented to an organisation that is transforming the food system to create a positive impact on people or the environment.
- Restoring Nature Award
- This award, sponsored by the Department of Conservation, will be presented to a business taking a leadership role in restoring New Zealand’s nature.
- Change Maker Award
- This award celebrates a young person who is driving sustainability change within their organisation or the wider community.
- Resilience in Crisis Award
- This award, sponsored by Stuff, will be presented to an organisation in recognition of a quick business pivot for a sustainable outcome in times of Covid-19.
- Transforming New Zealand Award
- This is our Supreme Award, presented to an organisation that is performing outstandingly well in all aspects of sustainability.
The judges for the 2020 Sustainable Business Awards are leaders in sustainability and business communities. Read more about them here.
Congratulations to all the winners, commendations and finalists of the 2020 Sustainable Business Awards.
Thank you to our amazing partners who have made the 2020 Sustainable Business Awards possible.