It is important you understand that by using our websites, products or services, you are acknowledging, agreeing and consenting to the terms of this Policy. Among other things, the Policy includes consent for us to share your information with third parties or agencies, but only for the reasons we outline about why we collect your data.
WHO WE ARE:
We are the Sustainable Business Network (SBN), New Zealand’s largest and longest-standing sustainable business organisation. To maintain our network and achieve the impact we are aiming for, we collect personal information on the following online platforms. This Policy covers these platforms:
• SBN website: www.sustainable.org.nz
• Product Stewardship website: www.sbnproductstewardship.org.nz
This Policy also applies to personal information collected by us through other channels or sources, such as emails.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT:
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
• contact information
• regional location
• interactions with us
• business classification
• areas of interest
WHY WE COLLECT DATA:
We collect your personal information in order to:
• provide you with services and information you have requested
• send you news, information about our activities and other material we believe may be useful to you
• operate the websites
• analyse usage of these websites, and improve or update the websites and our services
• Invoice you for donations or services provided
• Communicate with you if necessary
WHO RECEIVES THE DATA:
Besides the use of this information by our staff to carry out the functions above, we may share it with third parties for your benefit. We may disclose personal information where you have authorised us to do so and where we are required to by law. This Policy does not cover platforms operated by third parties. They will have their own privacy and security policies and we encourage you to read them. Third parties include but are not limited to the following:
No credit card details are kept by us.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Other third-party platforms in use are Typeform and Zoom. Please see their privacy policies for more details.
STORAGE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
SBN has in place the following security measures to ensure the safety of personal information on all platforms:
• We keep local backup snapshots on an external hard drive and daily offsite back-ups in case of any cybersecurity attacks.
• We use Sophos Firewall with Full Guard protection, which will filter out any unknown connections, and prevent cybersecurity attacks or misuse.
• We regularly update antivirus software on all our computers.
• We use Enable 2 factor authentication on all user accounts, which will prevent unauthorised logins.
• Our website data (including your personal information) is stored on an encrypted website database.
• Our database (CRM) data is stored in New Zealand using Catalyst Cloud, with security updates maintained regularly. All data is transferred using 128-bit encryption.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter contact details, we will be unable to provide you with the information and services detailed above.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA:
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Sustainable Business Network
PO Box 106983
SBN updates this Policy from time to time or as may be required. We do not generally advise our website users or investors of updates to this Policy. Therefore, we encourage you to revisit this page periodically to ensure you are comfortable with our current Policy.
The Policy was last updated on 1 November 2021