The Sustainable Business Network (SBN) is a social enterprise made up of businesses, governmental agencies and organisations located across the country.
We are currently looking for a lead Sustainability Advisor
Take a lead role in transforming NZ business’ sustainability performance.
NZ’s largest sustainable business organisation is looking for a someone with the knowledge, drive and experience to champion the development and delivery of the new SBN Advisory service.
SBN Advisory will help businesses make rapid and transformative steps to improve their sustainability performance. It will provide bespoke advisory services to organisations.
The role will involve the on-going development of systems and practices, promotion and high-quality delivery of the service.
Skills required for doing this role well
- Experience in a senior advisory or consulting role, with a track record providing strategic advice and support to senior managers.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in sustainability.
- Excellent communication skills including influencing and persuading, able to inspire and focus people’s energy to deliver sustainability goals.
- Consulting skills; listening, building trust and ability to confidently share expertise, insight and ideas with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate a creative approach and ability to drive improvement and change for sustainability.
- Track record leading and managing advisory services, including work to design strategic development of service provision.
- Business development and marketing experience. Strong relationship management, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Conceptual, strategic and analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability.
- Leading teams, organisational planning and management skills.