Community Engagement & Projects Vacancy
We are seeking maternity cover full time for one year (starting February 2019) for the Community Engagement & Projects Role for our Million Metres Stream Restoration Programme. This role is based in Auckland.
Million Metres is a national stream restoration programme with the goal of supporting a million metres of waterway restoration across Aotearoa. The team provides support to landowners and community groups to achieve their waterway restoration goals.
Million Metres runs an online fundraising platform for restoring the banks of New Zealand waterways and is Aotearoa’s only dedicated programme for connecting local waterway restoration projects with large scale funding and resources. Million Metres uses a unique approach that leverages crowdfunding, corporate investment and sponsorship.
The Community Engagement & Projects role requires someone with excellent organisational and people skills, initiative, and drive. This role will include managing and developing a large number of relationships, including establishing a team of volunteer water ambassadors.
This position is responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining flourishing ‘Field Partner’ relationships in all 16 regions of New Zealand
- Working with community groups and landowners to list stream planting projects on the Million Metres platform
- Supporting community groups and landowners to complete great crowdfunding campaigns and reach their fundraising targets
- Establishing and maintaining a team of volunteer water ambassadors
- Overseeing the work of Million Metres interns when appropriate
- Managing the delivery of Million Metres’ annual reporting by stream restoration projects and financial auditing of projects
- Supporting the Restorative Water Project Lead and the Million Metres Fundraising Communicator to achieve fundraising targets
- Supporting the SBN team throughout the year with events and membership related tasks
Are you passionate about supporting Kiwi communities to take care of their waterways and ready to jump in to promote and engage community groups in the Million Metres mission? Are you an organised self-starter, work well under pressure, and have a proven ability to build relationships with a wide range of people, and happy working in a team? Then we want to hear from you!
To download a copy of the JD click here.
Applications are to be made via Seek only and close on Friday 25 January.
If you are interested in joining SBN as an intern, you can complete a speculative internship application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SBN staff and interns work together to help deliver a range of services to members both in person and online. Members are encouraged to make a contribution towards our four transformation areas by providing expertise, collaborating on projects, participating in events and conferences, or showcasing their work at our annual Awards and other events.
Internships are unpaid voluntary positions. They are often filled by students who are working towards or have completed an academic course of study and usually have a specific focus to complete a particular task or project.
At SBN you’ll gain knowledge and experience in sustainability from our leading sustainability practitioners and we hope that you will gain both personal and job satisfaction.