Associate Project and Partnership Manager
This role is responsible for supporting and managing key elements of SBN’s strategic projects, coordinating with key stakeholders to ensure they deliver positive impacts. The role will incorporate a degree of flexibility to ensure excellent delivery of projects via a collaborative approach across the SBN team.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Take ownership of project activities, with guidance and support from Programme Managers.
- Manage stakeholder relationships.
- Contribute to establishing project scopes and create documents for project requirements.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties.
- Coordinate schedule of activities related to the projects.
- Ensure project elements are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Monitor projects on a regular basis, evaluating progress and quality and managing issue resolution process to ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Maintain the quality of all project document/data to ensure the integrity of a project.
- Collect and analyse data and report impact results.
- Communicate project progress and issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify impact project opportunities and support to bring on-board partners and investment.
- Identify opportunities for project improvements and using resources more effectively, coordinating / negotiating associated changes with managers.
- Provide general support to tasks across SBN’s projects
Skills, Experience and Education
The ideal candidate will have university qualification in sustainability (or a related field) and 2+ years project management experience (or working in a dynamic project delivery environment).
Key skills and experience
- Good knowledge and very strong interest in sustainability, preferably gained from an applied setting (i.e. work or tertiary study).
- Project Management – experience and proficiency in supporting projects and managing multiple tasks in parallel, meeting deadlines, with successful outcomes realised and reported.
- Solution mindset – analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership – understand your role and accept individual responsibility for seeing a task through to its completion (end-to-end), understand when and how to escalate, take appropriate risk (avoid unnecessary risk) and understand the impact of decisions.
- Ability and willingness to show initiative, adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Relationship management – the ability to build relationships and partnerships with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Communication skills – ability and confidence in all levels of verbal and written communication
Preferred skills and experience
- Sales and negotiation – able to bring onboard funding for projects.
- Group facilitation – ability to facilitate diverse groups to achieve outcomes.
- Systems thinking – the ability to understand the ‘big picture’, observe changes within systems, identify patterns and trends, change perspectives, and identify connections and influences within and between systems.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – passionate, creative, positive, resilient and highly driven to achieve outcomes.
- Understanding of tikanga and Te Ao Maori worldview.
Event Manager – 12 month fixed term
This role is 12 month fixed term maternity cover, starting in August. The Event Manager position is a key role in SBN and involves overseeing the national programme of events and assists in training across our investor network.
Events should spark interest from the wider business, government and NGO community. These events must demonstrate strong sustainability practices. Relationship development, both internally and externally, is critical, along with a demonstration of SBN’s core values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee SBN’s event strategy 2021, and review for 2022
- Manage and deliver SBN’s annual calendar of events – allocating the appropriate resources ensuring a professional series of impactful events
- Manage event budgets – ensuring that events meet budget requirements
- Work with event sponsors and partners ensuring they are actively engaged throughout the planning process and in any event promotion. Ensure sponsor commitments are met (such as reporting)
- Work collaboratively with SBN investors/suppliers to ensure the events are engaging, relevant and timely, and delivered in partnership with key organisations active in sustainability.
- Produce imagery/collateral (look and feel) that reflects SBN, our sponsors/ partners, and the overall theme of events.
- Ensure SBN investors are included in delivery of events (e.g. food, design, waste services etc)
- Ensure events are run with sustainability front of mind – minimal waste and maximum promotion of sustainability behaviours (e.g. any waste diverted/recycled/avoided or composted wherever possible, promotion of sustainability behaviours such as cycling/using public transport to get to the event etc)
- Brief and co-ordinate speakers, sponsors and VIPs on their role for events
- Attend, run the logistics, and ensure professional delivery of all Auckland events, and major regional/ national events. This includes:
- Manage and deliver Health & Safety requirements for all events
- Reporting on the collective impact of each event
- Uphold the organisation’s values and commit to deepening understanding of Te Reo Maori me ona tikinga
Key SBN Events
- Awards – Management of the Sustainable Business Awards from planning through delivery and reporting. Oversee Awards entry and judging process, drive entries, appoint judges, run judging day. Management and coordination of the launch and finalists’ party events. Manage incoming entries, troubleshooting, and consolidate for judging. Coordinate communications to entrants and finalists. Assist regions with smaller celebratory events for their finalists. Planning, development and execution of the Awards evening and live broadcast.
- AGM and Impact Launch
- 5 years practical experience in and around event production or experiential marketing.
- A solid understanding of audiovisual, digital media, and technology in general.
- Significant experience in the events and/or business development.
- A team player who can lead others and build a team around them.
SBN Board member
Please note, our intern programme is temporarily on hold due to Covid-19 restrictions and limited capacity.
At SBN staff and interns work together to help deliver a range of services to members both in person and online. Members are encouraged to make a contribution towards our four transformation areas by providing expertise, collaborating on projects, participating in events and conferences, or showcasing their work at our annual Awards and other events.
Internships are unpaid voluntary positions. They are often filled by students who are working towards or have completed an academic course of study and usually have a specific focus to complete a particular task or project.
At SBN you’ll gain knowledge and experience in sustainability from our leading sustainability practitioners and we hope that you will gain both personal and job satisfaction.