The UN Climate Change Conference, COP26, will be held in the UK next month, so we’ve teamed up with the British High Commission Wellington to help Kiwi businesses play their part in reducing carbon emissions.
Join our online Climate Action Workshop for businesses in the Canterbury region on 11 November.
The Sustainable Business Network is co-hosting this interactive workshop with Enterprise North Canterbury and the Selwyn District Council. It is one in a series of regional workshops (see list below) teaching new skills and inspiring action.
In this workshop we’ll explain the opportunities climate action can create for your business. And, we’ll help you develop a plan to do that. You’ll also have time to network and connect with other businesses from your region and share ideas.
If you’re just starting to take action, or want to re-energise your efforts, this workshop is made for you. You will leave with:
- A practical understanding of the actions your business can take to reduce its emissions.
- A tailored action plan, containing simple steps to reduce your carbon emissions using the free online Climate Action Toolbox.
- Help from our climate experts on setting targets, such as looking at Race to Zero – a global campaign rallying businesses, like yours, to take urgent climate action.
- Guidance from the SBN team on how to build confidence and create change in your business.
The workshop will be run by Phil Jones, who led the development of the Climate Action Toolbox, and our Network Connector Ayla Irving-Lamb. We’re also delighted to welcome the British High Commission Wellington for an update on COP26 and the Race to Zero initiative.
As the workshops are interactive, spaces are limited. Be sure to get in quick.
Canterbury Workshop: Thursday 11 November 2021
Other workshops in this series include:
- Auckland: Wednesday 27 October
- Tairāwhiti: Thursday 4 November
- Top of the South (Nelson / Marlborough): Thursday 18 November
- Kāpiti Coast: Wednesday 24 November
If you are located outside of the regions in this series and would like to attend a climate action workshop, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SBN Impact Investors: $15
- Others: $50
These prices are heavily discounted thanks to funding from the British High Commission Wellington. (All proceeds will go towards SBN’s work supporting Kiwi businesses to take action on climate, design out waste and regenerate nature.)
The Climate Action Toolbox has been funded and developed by the Sustainable Business Network and Business.Govt.NZ, in association with BNZ, EECA, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Waka Kotahi, Meridian and design partner DNA.
- Date and time
- Thursday 11 Nov 2021
- Time: 9:00am-11:30am
- Venue and Location
- SBN impact investors: $15.00
- Others: $50.00
- Event Links