The discussion will focus on answering some of the following questions:
- What skills do sustainability professionals need?
- I’m deeply passionate about sustainability but am struggling to get a sustainability-focused role. What advice do you have for me?
- What is more important for sustainability roles - tertiary qualifications or real-world experience?
- What are the key challenges for people stepping into sustainability and how do we navigate these?
- I’m fortunate to be a sustainability professional; how can I support those trying to start a career in the field?
Sarah Holden is the director of Oxygen Consulting, a firm focused on supporting businesses to maximise their overall performance into the long term through a focus on social, environmental and financial outcomes. The survey was carried out in partnership with SBN, SBC and AUT University, surveying sustainability professionals at all levels across the country. From this survey, the ‘Insights on NZ Sustainability Professionals’ report was created. You can view the report here.
What is The Now Crowd? Powered by the Sustainable Business Network, The Now Crowd is a group of highly motivated like-minded young professionals, working on issues that matter to them. It enables people in the early stages of their careers to drive sustainability initiatives within their organisations, and beyond.