The Good Food Boost is a mentoring programme for fledging good food businesses who are seeking guidance from experts to flourish.
The Auckland Good Food Boost is a free eight-week mentoring programme sponsored by ATEED. It supports fledgling businesses working towards improving NZ’s food systems. This may be through focusing on local, seasonal or organic produce, or incorporating social and environmental good into their business model.
Four winning businesses win the opportunity to work with industry specialists who will provide support and guidance to give their good food business a boost.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 Auckland Good Food Boost:
Ecology & Co: social enterprise and artisan producers of distilled alcohol-free spirits, consciously crafted in New Zealand.
Olive and Ash: producers of plant-based whole foods including activated raw organic granola and vegetable mince (Vince).
Niue Honey Company: social venture adding value to organic honey imported from Niue and helping safeguard the future of all honey bees globally.
Glass Bottle Milk: milk vending machine service for supermarkets and cafes that aims to reduce single use plastics.
What has the Good Food Boost enabled previous winners to achieve?
- One entrant teamed up with a mentor’s distribution line and now has their product nationwide.
- One entrant was approached by a mentor to help create a menu for a restaurant and the co-lab between them resulted in a new product line for the business
- The mentoring programme taught one entrant that their business needed substantial changes. As a result they changed products entirely and are now hugely successful.
- A mentor lined up an entrant with a food procurer for NZ’s top restaurants and now the product is in those restaurants
- An entrant went back to a mentor a few months after the programme because they needed to restructure and that’s when they benefited most from the connection
- Hundreds of contacts, connections and ideas are shared
- The four winners help and support each other with ideas too
This is what we are looking for:
- A product or service that’s just starting out or is local, seasonal, healthy, tasty, culturally connected or organic – and made by you.
- A vision for the future of your business and New Zealand food.
- Commitment and time!
- A base in or near Auckland
The Good Food Boost is free to enter!
Meet our mentors:
The Auckland mentors are cross-industry specialists, who between them have extensive experience in the food sectors. The Auckland mentors for 2020 are:
- Megan May, Chef and owner, Little Bird Organics
- Paul Johnston, Supply Chain and Distribution Manager, Life Health Foods NZ
- Martin Yeoman, Founder and Strategic Partner, The Enthusiasts (a strategic and creative brand communications practice)
- Chris Morrison, Co-founder, All Good Organics and Karma Cola
- James Griffin, General Manager Projects and Advisory, Sustainable Business Network
For further information please contact:
Holly Leach, Sustainable Business Network, email@example.com, 027 3 907 480
Watch this video of our 2019 winners talk about their learnings through the Good Food Boost.
Supported by Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development.