What we do
Our electronic waste facility at the Nelson Environment Centre can help with the following:
- recycling and reusing electronic waste
- qualified electrician to test and tag your electrical appliances and devices
- secondhand components including power supplies, fans, leads and small
- data destruction on hard drives, storage devices and hand-held devices
- basic computer support services including hardware cleaning, transferring
- data, upgrades and troubleshooting
How we can help you to go circular
E-waste contains rare heavy metals, as well as materials that are toxic to the environment when they break down.
Businesses can move towards a circular economy by bringing in their electronic waste which we can keep out of landfill and reuse what we can. Businesses can also purchase items that are available for sale.
All profits from e-waste go back into the work of the Nelson Environment Centre, such as the Kai Rescue programme, which keeps food deemed unsellable but fit for eating from landfill. We partner with 60+ food recipient organisations from the Nelson Tasman region who distribute food to individuals and families in need.