Organisation Category: Financial & Insurance Services
“How does a responsible corporate work to protect all our futures? By seeking out and working with those who strive for the same goals.”
— James McGhie, Managing Director, Apex Insurance
Apex believes in the importance of being an environmentally conscious business and we are committed to ongoing sustainability. With offices throughout the country Apex are proud to be the first internationally accredited CarboNZero certified insurance broker and active members of the Sustainable Business Network and we actively seek to develop and maintain like-minded business connections here.
Apex have partnered with the Sustainable Business Network’s Million Metres initiative from its earliest days. Million Metres has set out on a mission to restore at least a million metres of waterways in Aotearoa, New Zealand with native forest. Their purpose is to connect and resource Kiwi’s to accelerate quality waterway restoration. Million Metres is New Zealand’s only dedicated programme for connecting local waterway restoration projects with large scale funding and resources and we are proud to be a part of it.
- Since 2015, Apex has donated 20% of insurance policies sold to SBN members to Million Metres
- As of 2020 we have raised $7,806 towards 20 restoration projects resulting in the planting of 1,301 native trees along 282 metres of New Zealand’s streams, rivers, and wetlands
- So far we’ve supported 51 projects to fundraise more than 1.5 million NZD, which is enabling 55,000 metres of waterways (lakes, rivers, and wetlands) to be replanted with over half a million native seedlings
- Apex’s environmental commitment is there for all to see. Read our Sustainability Charter
As well as the Million Metres initiative, Apex supports Rotoroa Trust which includes an annual volunteer day on the island for all staff. Our time spent on Rotoroa is one of the highlights of our working year, every year.
Toitū Envirocare is New Zealand’s recognised certifier for greenhouse gas footprint measurement, emissions reduction and carbon neutral claims to international standards. Apex are proud to be one of the businesses helping sustain the future of our environment and economy through credible environmental certification. Our current Toitū reports can be found at apexinsurance.co.nz/affiliations
- More InfoSustainability Highlights:
- Clean Water
- Clean Energy-Energy Efficiency
Apex believes in the importance of being an environmentally conscious business and we are committed to ongoing sustainability. We are active members of the Sustainable Business Network and we develop and maintain like-minded business connections. Apex supports Rotoroa Trust which includes an annual volunteer day on the island for all staff.Awards and Certifications:
- Offers for SBN Members
Protecting your business with Apex Insurance can also help protect New Zealand’s waterways. Apex will donate 20% of income from any new policies from SBN members to the Million Metres Streams Project. See millionmetres.org.nz for more information about how you can make a difference just by partnering with Apex.
Listing last updated 22/08/2017