The deluge on Friday was an extreme event with the highest rainfall ever recorded in Auckland.
We know storms that were predicted to hit us once in 100 years are going to be far more frequent. The devastating impacts of climate change are happening now. We need to learn and adapt quickly.
We also need to support each other. Maybe you need help or you can help others?
Let us know by joining and sharing our conversation on LinkedIn. As always, we’d be happy to facilitate any specific requests for help. Contact us directly at email@example.com
Useful links and information:
· Auckland where to get help and how to help
· Auckland Emergency Management
· Financial support due to flooding
· Our Auckland Update
· Extreme weather info for businesses
- The EMA’s Business Helpline is open to all Auckland businesses needing assistance. Phone 0800 500 362
- For urgent accommodation assistance or home or building safety assessments, phone 0800 22 22 00
- Contact your bank for potential mortgage suspensions and temporary overdrafts
Want to donate money? Go to givealittle
Please take care and be safe out there!