Why restore your waterway?
Re-planting the banks of waterways with native trees and plants:
- Stabilises the banks of waterways and reduces erosion and sediment
- Filters nutrients and pollution from agriculture, industry, housing and roads
- Improves stream health and water quality
- Increases farm resilience
- Improves water storage
- Provides shelter and shade for stock (on the other side of the fence)
- Provides habitat and food for native birds, lizards and insects
- Shades the waterway, cooling the water for fish
- Sequesters carbon dioxide, helping to tackle climate change
Ready to get started? Head to the below resource for a step by step guide on how to restore your waterway.