The development of our society from a fossil-based economy to a bio-based economy is a challenging task, which makes an international cooperation necessary.
Only on an international level bioeconomy strategies can be successful in the long term. One building block for a promising bioeconomy are innovative and novel bioplastics and biocomposites. For this reason, the German Ministry for Education and Research supports a travelling conference with focus on bioplastics and biocomposites. Goal is the exchange of knowledge and the development of a long-term network of partners from Australia, Germany and New Zealand. The initial impulse for this will be given by the “travelling conferences”.
You are cordially invited to participate in a one-day networking event where industry speakers will include a German producer of outdoor sports equipment, who are adopting biobased technologies. Participating speakers will also come from key German and New Zealand bioeconomy research organisations addressing circular-bioeconomy concepts.
Presentations along the life cycle of bioplastics and biocomposites from experts of the research and industry sector:
• Definition, types, market information, future developments, product applications and standards
• Processing of bioplastics and biocomposites (e.g. automotive and textiles)
• End-of-Life options and land/sea-based degradation
• Sustainability assessment and land/water use.
Parallel interactive sessions to industry, research and policy will cover topics such as:
• Journey to bioplastic and biocomposites in market applications
• Processing of bioplastics and biocomposites – gaps and next steps
• Bioeconomy – policy perspectives from Germany/Europe and New Zealand.
- Event Type
- Date and time
- Thursday 14 Feb 2019
- Time: 9 - 5pm
- Venue and Location
Te Papa Tipu Innovation Park
49 Sala Street
- Event Links