Permaculture is the harmonious integration of landscape and people — providing their food, energy, shelter, and other material and non-material needs in a sustainable way.
The philosophy behind permaculture is one of working with, rather than against, nature; of protracted and thoughtful observation rather than protracted and thoughtless action; of looking at systems in all their functions, rather than asking only one yield of them; and allowing systems to demonstrate their own evolution.
This 2-week intensive learning experience will deliver participants their Permaculture Design Certificates while exploring the ideas of Designing For Adaptability and Abundance. We acknowledge that change is upon us. Where it leads we do not know but a willingness to begin the transition and consciously design resilience into our lives will put us in good stead.
Designing for Abundance and Adaptability
Two Week Intensive: September 27th – October 11th 2019
Course Topics Include:
- Permaculture Philosophy – ethics & principles
- Permaculture Design – methods and strategies
- Local Food Resilience
- Organic Food Production – food forests, biodynamics…
- Social Permaculture – building networks, decision making
- Soil Nutrients – composting, worm farms, soil food web
- Built Environment – natural building, building biology and ecology, passive solar design
- Renewable energy, energy efficiency and technology
- Water harvesting and grey water reticulation
- Financial Permaculture – closed loop, community scaled structures, social enterprise
- Urban Design
- Zero Waste – Community Recycling …
*Residential Rate NZ$1995 – rate includes accommodation, 3 meals per day, and tuition.
Residential options include triple-share caboose, tent site or van site. (If you are interested in a different type of accommodation please view the options at solscape.co.nz/stay.
*Non-Residential Rate NZ$1395 – includes 1 meal per day and tuition.
* 10% Early Bird Discount for registrations before August 5th
- Event Type
- Start Date: Fri 27 Sep 2019
- End Date: Fri 11 Oct 2019
- Venue and Location
Eco Retreat & Progressive Learning Centre.
611 Wainui Rd, Raglan
- Event Links